Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Tombstone Tuesday ~ Ed Langley and Ethel Grote

Near last week's tombstone was my Aunt and Uncle.  Edwin R Langley was the brother of my father and Dora Langley... (she will be for next week).

My cousin and I had been talking about family history via email.  In our conversations were discussions about tombstones.  He decided he wanted to personalize his parent's tombstone with a picture.  He did some study on it and this was his final email on the subject.
"Dad purchased the cemetery lots and this stone about 5+ years before he died.  He put a lot of thought into the stone and was very proud of the fact he got it done.  I have always been amazed at the pictures on some of the older stones that are always very clear and never seem to fade even when facing the sun…..recently I found out that the reason for never fading is because they are ceramic (imagine that!!!!).   Recently I sent you a pic that I took from a portriat that was taken when mom and dad were in their mid-40's which they both liked.  I have decided to add a ceramic pic to the headstone  using the one I sent you…..I think they would approve."
I agreed. I think they would have been greatly pleased.

The picture he chose.


Ethel is the Daughter of  George and Hattie Grote

No comments:

Post a Comment