Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sentimental Saturday The Hero Left Memories

The logo the Hero created for Spring Gardens Nursery. They still use.
This month, I have been working at Spring Gardens Nursery in The Woodlands, Texas.  It was the company the Hero worked for over 10 + years.  I didn't think the it would be too hard since they have relocated and it has been over 3 years since the Hero left us.  This was not the case.  The owner asked me to clean and organize the drawers etc in the office.  I only made it through 4 drawers.  While cleaning, I was so surprised to find a note written by the Hero to the bookkeeper about my vacation time in 2004.  There was his old computer bag, file folders he had made, they are still using forms he made.  The owner frequently mentions memories he has about the Hero, and often it is in the form of a lamentation of wishing he had listened to the Hero.
The Hero is there all around me in new settings.  I guess that is pretty much like life and memories.  As I drive down the highway, I will see a restaurant and remember a day we went there.  There are so many memories to still write.  You will be seeing me for sometime.  

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you have so many wonderful memories and continue to learn of the memories others have of the Hero - these stories are some of the highlights of my reading day!

    ReplyDelete