Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday The Coyne Family Found

I have not found any descendants that have trees on this family but I have put the family together.  I wish my family was a easy as this family to find. 
Michael J Coyne b 04 Nov 1862, Floughena, County Mayo, Ireland
Died  31 Mar 1934 San Antonio, Bexar, Texas
Father James Coyne, Mother Ann Freely
His Death Certificate from Family Record Search:


Jane Henry Coyne B 1875 County Sligo, Ireland
died 08 Feb 1949 San Antonio, Bexar, Texas
Father James Henry
Ah ha....the tombstone....

Janes's death certificate is not available but the summary was.
There is a Freely buried next to them will be investigating. 
This is the family in 1920 and 1930  I did not find them in 1900, although the census says they came in about 1889ish


Something I have  learned about the Irish immigrant.  They were proud of their family and shared with their family where they came from and the family left behind.  When I have found their death certificates, everything is filled out, not like my Missouri ancestors who couldn't even get their grandmother's name right.

No comments:

Post a Comment