Sunday, June 14, 2009

Grandpa and Me


This is a photo of my Grandpa, who died when I was 16, and I at age one in the year 1972. He took care of me when I had pneumonia as a baby. He made me a Winnie-the-Pooh house when I was two. And eventually, he and my Grandma moved in next door to be near us. He took me fishing, taught me to sit and listen to the wind, we raised rabbits and chickens together, I rode his tractor, and he loved me. Yeah, I gave him grief when I hit those teen yrs., but he always loved me. I never had any doubt of that.


Yellowed and pale
Perhaps faded;
Memory may fail
but you
are not gone.
My finger
finds longing
as it passes
over your face.
The place
is past -
time spent
doesn't last.
Proving,
love smiled
captured by
a photograph
doesn't die.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sweetie for posting tonight. I was tired and could not think. I love you
    MOMe

    ReplyDelete